05 May 2011

My best friend's wedding

It was her great day, while I was getting tensed. The reason was simple, the fear of losing her. Of course I knew her man, he was and is a great guy, and no doubt he will be a great man here after, with her by his side there is not a chance for him to dirty up. But still the negative side of my heart kept telling me that I am going to lose my best friend.

I didn’t know what I had to do. I watched her carefully, alone as usual. Many others were around her, and I was like, "God! This is gonna end today." Her happiness was all everyone else saw, I saw my fear. She was my walking stick, guiding me along the right path. Now the stick is going to be broken, said my twisted mind.

Finally I crept up to both of them, who smiled like they saw an angel, I felt great then. He hugged me, she held my hand, and I told them, "Have a great life ahead, dudes! You are gonna have a blast. And whenever you need me, ring me up."
I felt no remorse there after. All it needed was a smile. The negative side of heart didn't have anything more to say to me thereafter. I was feeling better. The individual's mind is the sole reason for the rise and fall of him/her. My negative side died away when I saw them happy, and I realized that no matter where they were, I would always be their number one choice. All I have to do is keep up with who I am.

But then when I was left alone again, I was thinking, "Maybe this whole wedding thing is a scam! What is the purpose of a wedding? Why should two individuals who want to be together get married with all this huff and puff?" I got the answer when I saw them again. They were smiling, tired and yet happily smiling.

I bid good bye to them after spending a great deal of time with them, and here I am typing it up in my blog. The whole thing has got into my head in a beautiful manner that I will never forget. Now another major wedding ahead will be of my second best friend, 5 years from now, soon later will be of the third. Then…hopefully will be my turn, am not quite sure about it.

Until then, I would like to wish them a very happy and loveable married life. May all the joys and gains be with them, and may they have all the blissful moments. And I pray, my Lord, that I have all my life to serve them as a truthful friend, helping them throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment