19 March 2011

The death of Vinu

This one is my drama script that I just finished. I believe it is my best so far. Please comment after reading this excerpt.

Vinu watches them walk out clutching
the files. The sound of the door opening and closing is heard. Vinu looks back at Sruthy,
who doesn’t look at him, but instead, looks away, angrily. Anger rages in his eyes. He
suddenly storms to her and slaps her hard on the face, and she falls on the floor. He picks
her up by her arm and raises her on her feet.
Vinu: You miserable bitch! How dare you speak to me like that?
Sruthy: You were hurt by the little words I told you? You hurt my whole family, threw
them to disgrace.
Vinu: You still blame for what I did to you?
Sruthy: No! I was just reminding you how wrong you were then, and how wrong you are
now.
Vinu: (Leaves her) I was never wrong. You had always been my love. You never saw it.
Sruthy: Spit out all you want. I care the least.
Vinu: I care not to let you know. (Looks out) I have to go. My world waits outside. I have
to gain more heights, and I rather leave now than speak to you more.
He tries to kiss her on the cheek, but she moves back with disgust. Angered, he slaps her
again and she falls down. He then storms out, and she is left there alone, scared, with
tears in her eyes.

2 comments: