04 January 2019

To All The Boys Who Watched Me


Hi to you all!

Do you know me? Maybe you do, maybe you don’t. Maybe we both sat in the same class listening to the boring teachers. Maybe we walked passed each other across the corridor of our college. Maybe you were the one I met in the market. Or maybe you are a complete stranger to me.

It doesn’t matter, not anymore, for you now claim to know me, or the kind of person I am. You think so because you saw a clip of me in your mobile or laptop, of me shamelessly enjoying an act I was fully indulged in. Seeing me there has helped you form an image of me, create a verdict on the kind of character I possess. I am a slut who is worth more than a few minutes of your time, to whom you jerk off to until a new me comes by.

Or maybe I am the one you pity.

Or I am the one you ask your daughter not to be like.

I am the victim, shamed and stripped, who no one wants to be.

Except, I AM NOT!

He was my boyfriend, or maybe he wasn’t. It might have been a passionate act, or a simple one night stand. What you watch of me may or may not have been taken with my consent. I may or may not have enjoyed the moment.

It doesn’t matter. I had sex.

I have to be shamed by you.

And I refuse to be shamed.

I refuse, for I do not regret having sex.

I refuse, for I am the only one who has the right to shame me.

I refuse, for you don’t own me.

You have no right to put a label on me. Whoever or whatever you are to me, I refuse to be something I am not, just because you think it suits me. I am an individual of my own making. My body, soul and mind are my own possessions. And if one thinks that revealing my body, badmouthing me, or an act I passionately indulged in, is the only way you can pull me down or judge me, isn’t it you who should be shamed?

I pity you for thinking that I am the sole one to be blamed. I can speak of a number of people to be blamed but me. For shaming me for an act that was not a crime is an insult to you, which you still indulge in, watching and enjoying it. If there is a crime, you are committing it. If there is a criminal, it is you who is watching a video of mine which you have gotten without my knowledge or consent. It is like thievery, except worse. It makes you the one to be shamed, not me.

And if you think that I have been weakened, you are wrong again.

I am a phoenix. We all are.

We rise from the ashes of the fire you set on us.

We are no victims, but you are culprits.

Think about it. Let it sink in.

Meanwhile, let me enjoy my life the way I want.

Sincerely
The Girl you Watched

No comments:

Post a Comment