19 June 2013

The Wait - An old song of mine

I was just going through some of my old mails when I came across this poem that I had written for someone who meant a lot to me. Well, presently, now that I am blissfully with the presence of a very interesting person in my life, whose role in my life  is still not certain, let me dedicate this old song of mine to all lovers out there, who wait for a response from their loved ones. (I have edited it, because the original was really crappy!)

The wait

And there in the night
Moonless as I see
I waited for that I felt in thee

And I walk alone
Alone, along the beach
Wishing for your hand to hold mine

Love me you did never say
And I waited for your words
Waited for you to say

Blind, are you, to not see
Or is it another act
For you to hide what you feel from me?

The night, still moonless
You were hidden with the moon
Hearing my heart beat for you

On the sand that I sit
The breeze over me, your love wandering
I waited for you

You never came
Never told me what you felt
Not the ones from your heart

You never told
What your heart whispered to you
What is it that I’m to you


And over the dark sky so starless
I see you dance, I see you smile
And I waited for your descend

I waited and I waited
Under the moonless sky, along the shore
And I will wait, for lives to come


4 comments: