24 October 2011

Suicide

How does it feel like to be cut into a million pieces with more than 100 wheels running over you? How does it feel like when the rope tightens around your neck? How does it feel lie when you gulp one mouthful of poison (I don't know the exact amount, and I will never try, ever)? Ending up life in just a minute, how does it feel?

I have taken a very negative topic to discuss about today, for simple reasons. I had gone to Eranakulam yesterday, and I took the train for the purpose. At Chalakudy I heard that someone jumped in front of the train, and was taken away in plastic bags. To realize that some one actually jumped under the train I was travelling was not good news to hear.

But think about the other side. Why did he kill himself? I tried a small analysis, and got across some answers. One is that he must have got bored of life. Well then, he has done the best thing, because this world is not for lazybones like him or any others.

The other reason must be that he must have lost all options in life? But seriously, does options ever end in life? People thought my options were dead, but look at me now, I am doing really fine? On the comparison basis I may not be compared to any of my school or college mates, but I can assure you that am far more happier than anyone else, all because I chose something for myself, and it was my decision and I decided to FIGHT for it. So....I can clearly say that if it was for this lame reason, he didn't try enough.

One other reason may be that the society may have ill treated him. Now this was something I had gone trough until I learned to stand up. And it is the same for every individual in life. Ill treatment never means physical or sexual torture, for it is mostly the mental torture that is painful. The society is to be blamed in our country for such actions of an individual, but seriously the man could have stood up for himself.

A better liable reason that I thought of was that, if the man is an aged man, he must have been a burden to his children one way or the other, so decided to end up his life to let them live happily, or to not see himself being thrown away by his son, or maybe he has been thrown away.....what the??? This kind of shit happens only in movies and if this had happened in real life, then he is the worst man I ever saw.

Other reasons include teenage misjudgments, love failures, family disputes, failure in some activities and so on. Statistically speaking, India is the country with most number of suicides, and frankly, three can be termed guilty in the process. One happens to be the society, who are very much orthodox and expect others to move as how they want, but won't do it for themselves. Second will be family, and I can say that not all families have a good thought for each other among themselves (most because that is the message they get through television after 7 every night). And thirdly, the individual, who can not face the reality, and can not live his dream and thus gets fed up of his life. But to be frank, the ultimate blame is for the doer than the provokers in this case.

There are some cases when girls have no choice due to reasons we all know, and for men in very certain cases, but these attribute to a lesser statistics. Everyone has got one life, which they can live in many ways, and leave only through giving up. The ultimate choice of life is in the hand of the individual, so keeping it in mind I would like everyone to say one small thing. "I shall never encourage self-murder. I shall help the one is distress if he is close to me. I shall dishearten someone is distraught. And above all, I shall close my eyes towards the society and open my inner eyes to hear the soul truth from myself alone."

This is just a simple thought from my side. Please share your ideas and views on the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment